Mason County LODD Training
July 8 - July 9
One of the most traumatic events facing a law enforcement agency is the potential loss of one of their own in a Line of Duty Death. Incidents such as an LODD are defining moments affecting families, agencies and communities. How an agency administrator and leadership plan, prepare, and respond to this interpersonal trauma, have long lasting impacts.
Ensuring that the family’s wishes for the treatment and remembrance of their loved ones as well as the appropriate honors are observed are critical. Behind the Badge Foundation’s Line of Duty Death Response Team has over 20 years of experience assisting families and agencies in the immediacy of an LODD.
- This unique training will expose attendees to the needs of both the affected family and the affected agency.
- It seeks to guide agency administrators and decision makers through the primary care and concerns of both the family and their own agency following an LODD and the decisions that they are likely to face as a result of traumatic death.
- It will explore the family perspective of an LODD
- It will introduce the attendees to an Incident Management Team based approach to the planning an of honors driven, family guided remembrance.
- Financial considerations, benefits and long-term care will also be discussed.
Through lecture discussion and interactive scenarios this unique day and a half course is intended for agency executives who may be faced with critical decisions in the aftermath of a Line of Duty Death and organizational decision makers who might be responsible throughout the memorial process and beyond.
No charge for this event.
To register click here
For more information contact Cindi at email@example.com or call 425-747-7523